On Dec 9, 2011, at 11:07 PM, Nelsn Helm wrote:

> I open NeoOffice, and up pops a box saying
>
>   Either another instance of NeoOffice is accessing your personal settings or
> your personal settings are locked.
>   Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings.
>   Before continuing, you should make sure user ~ closes NeoOffice on host
> "[users]-computer.local".
>   Do you really want to continue    Yes/No

Press the Yes button. After you press Yes, wait for NeoOffice to open. Quit and
restart NeoOffice. This should solve the problem.

There is a temporary file maintained by NeoOffice that's removed when the
program is normally exited. In your case, NeoOffice probably crashed or was
force quit so the file was not removed. Quitting and restarting should take
care of the file.