I feel the same way, Harry.
Jane

On 4/18/13 8:28 AM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer wrote:
I can't answer your questions. All I know is I NEVER respond to Linkedin requests.

On Apr 18, 2013, at 7:56 AM, John Robinson <prof...@insightbb.com <mailto:prof...@insightbb.com>> wrote:

I have another question for the group.

This morning I had a person ask to be connected to me via Linkedin. I accepted and it was taking a long time for the screen to move on, then I read the dialogue box....it stated *they were loading my address book* and their system was so protected I didn't have to worry about my information being secure.

Is this something they have always done? I had NO idea and if this is true I will be out of Linkedin later today. There is NO way they have any right to my contacts. Does FB or Twitter do this? I would appreciate any info on this any of you have. I will go back to pen and paper and a licked stamp before I voluntarily give up my contact list to every darn firm that thinks they have a right to it. Inside my address book is all my important info., it's not for ANYONE.

John