Anne,

In the new Photo app they call it "People", rather than Faces and the layout is
similar to Safari & mail as well as many other Apple Apps.   The list of Events
are on the left, Anne's Birthday, 2016, Christmas 2015, on and on.

People designation is toward the top of the list & you never need to touch it's
 name to stay away from the view I sent.  Ignore & you should solve your
problem.

John.

Sent from my iPad