On Apr 27, 2017, at 12:26 PM, Harry Jacobson-Beyer <harr...@me.com
<mailto:harr...@me.com>> wrote:

> I volunteer at a JCPS school once a week. Today is the first time I have been
> at the school since I installed the VPN app PIA.
> With PIA on I could not connect to their guest wireless and PIA couldn't
> connect either. I turned off wireless and PIA started.
> Any idea what's happening.
> I am using my iPhone.

You need port UDP/1194 open to run an OpenVPN client. The school system
probably doesn’t want students to be running VPNs inside the school because
there’s no way to monitor traffic, so they block the standard VPN ports.

L^2

---
‌Lee Larson‌
‌leelar...@me.com <mailto:leelar...@me.com>‌

‌It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins
to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. ‌— Sherlock
Holmes, A Scandal in Bohemia
‌‌