Hi all,

The keyboard on my unibody MBP (mid-2012, non-retina) is going on the fritz.
For about 3-4 months, the -g- key has been intermittent, but not in a
horrendous way. Now the -asdfg- keys have become completely intermittent in
horrible way [1]. Because these are all in a row, the hive wisdom of the web
says I need a new keyboard. Because Apple likes welding things together to make
computers into commodities, I need to replace the upper case, which runs about
$300 new (iFixit but out of stock, likely never to return), and $99 used
(eBay).

Has anyone ever done this repair themselves? The directions on iFixit [2] look
to be an answer to the question "How do I wreck my computer in 46 easy steps?",
so I'm not feeling too confident.

Failing this, does anyone have a good recommendation for a good wireless
keyboard I could carry around?

Thanks,

Bill
P.S. You may be asking why I don't get my work to spring for a new computer...
and it's because Apple's new laptops neither have enough storage nor can be
upgraded. <rant>It's what happens when an accountant runs the company and puts
more emphasis on stock prices and tax dodging than user-useful
innovation.</rant>

[1] I'm using an external keyboard to type this.

[2]
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Unibody+Mid+2012+Upper+Case+Replacement/10775