Hi all,

I ended up buying a Canon Pixma TS6320 for the following reasons:

  The printer itself was pretty cheap.
  It got pretty good ratings.
  The ink is stupidly expensive, but I think I need the printer just some
printing here and there.

The setup was a bit goofy and took a while (which was one of the complaints in
the negative ratings). It was pretty much straightforward, as long as I skipped
all the crap that Canon wanted to load on my computer, supplied my own USB
wire, and did the simplest setup I could.

The printer prints way faster than my old printer [1]. Wireless scanning works
fine (which was my main need), and is reasonably quick.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bill

[1] This would probably be true of any newer printer.