On 06/12/16 10:30, Andreas Pettersson wrote:

I just assumed someone would know.. Someone did the changes.
Best thing i've seen so far in the code seems to be memory management and middlware changes.
Making it more reliable and im guessing fast.

It was way less dependencies when compiling from source as well thats nice. didnt have to go exploring outdated
packages from some distribution no one wants to use anymore (for other reasons).

You did mention the mesa driver emulator for DS0-Nano tho, would that make the nano a "general" IO card or could it
run stepper and servo cycles as well?! Seems like an interesting low cost fix for the expensive mesa cards (even though i have a pile of em).

The DE0-Nano-Soc is a development board for FPGA programming

It runs and ARM image of MK with the FPGA programmed to act as a 5i25, I have run my mill from one using the 7i76 (stepper) firmware, I think there is a 7i77 one and some others too

https://github.com/machinekit/mksocfpga

https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/issues/915

http://blog.machinekit.io/2016/11/you-will-recall-that-while-back-charles.html

http://blog.machinekit.io/2016/11/de0-nano-soc-update-on-sd-card-images.html