> On 20 Dec 2016, at 05:26, Daniel Skrlin <d...@pmcstone.com> wrote:
>
> Oh and for hardware I wouldnt see why that choice wouldn't work. I am
> currently using a J1900 as well (Gigabyte). Could you share the details of
> the application?

I’m making a tool for rotating products parallel to the milling bed.
The products are clamped by a fixed “chuck” and a flexible “chuck” The chucks
are 2 custom engineered clamping devices. Clamping is done with motors that get
driven by MK.

The fixed chuck is mounted on an indexing table (a weiss 4 position indexing
table) which is vertically mounted on the bed. For that an frequency inverter
will rotate the indexing table (simple I/O on the inverter driven by MK). The
flexible chuck is mounted on a rail and driven with belt+pulleys so we can
manufacture different lengths of products.

The mill has some relays which should be able to be set by an g-code program
(mill does not run on MK, but is from Mitsubishi), and also some relays where
the mill can pause and wait for. These IO will be the simple means of
communicating. In short, the tool will rotate (by MK) after a relay goes high,
and the mill will continue if MK sets a relay on the mill.