> On 20 Jan 2017, at 00:51, Oliver Rew <rewsif...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> "I've used a couple of J1900 motherboards and they work great. Together with
> a 5i25/6i26 + 7i76 mesa card"
>
> Which J1900 motherboard did you use with the 5i25? The only one I saw on
> newegg with a full PCI slow is the quad-core version(as I understand it, this
> is undesirable for LinuxCNC). Thanks!

I’m not sure I understand your last remark re. quad core version.

I’ve used a gigabyte board (but there are other brands too) and built myself a
PC around that. That was a hassle.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4918#ov

More recently I purchased one from logic supply and combined that with a
6i25+7i76 mesa cars
http://www.logicsupply.com/nl-nl/mc600-10/