On 20/03/17 09:06, schoone...@btinternet.com wrote:
Just an update on this

It is just possible there is a corruption in the machinekit repo, which is causing problems with recent package builds too
We have just tried a build from a fresh clone of the repo and get all sorts of errors

Brian - If you know how, are you able to revert packages back to something produced at around 8th March and try those?
http://deb.machinekit.io/debian/pool/main/m/machinekit/machinekit_0.1.1488973272-1mk.travis.master.git187524c9~1jessie_i386.deb
and the matching flavor package

Simon - likewise, but don't screw up your system if you are not sure

We are looking at it , but it may take a while to resolve

The problem has been found and a correcting PR made.

There was an unexpected knock on from another recent change, which did not show up in test builds and even allowed packages to build without errors,
despite them not having setuid on required files and flavor segfaulting and not getting the proper kernel flavour, so it defaulted to posix.

The build process will take a while, I will advise once new packages are available, until then do not update

Reverting to the packages I suggested will work if you are desperate to use your system and have the non working packages installed