I don't know what "cheapest" really means but converting between PWM and Analog is pretty common.
But the software would need to create the PWM signal.

Check out Adafruit etc to find PWM to Analog converters. I think that Mesa sells them as well.

Personally I think I would just save your money until you can afford a real Mesa board. Mesa boards are cheap compared with just about anything else machine related.

Dave