This is a link to a BBB image on which the XHC pendant works, courtesy of Simon Mali

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0z7k0eylr5ppcu6/image_SEM600_HB04_13_May_2017.xz?dl=0

A few people have used it sucessfully, including Mike Cinquino, on the thread you joined.

I don't know why the BBB image has such difficulties with the XHC, it works perfectly on x86

tcl is an 80's scripting abomination deserving the garbage bin.
On my own system I have replaced the tcl with Qt5 binaries, but a solution like that will not be generally
available until Qt5 is the default Debian library version

I doubt tcl is directly responsible, the xhc-hb04 binary references libgcc_s.so.1 and I suspect libusb uses it.

regards