On 22/12/17 06:55, Alexander Rössler wrote:
If you are planning to write the GPIO drivers yourself, you might also
consider the OIDROID C2, as reported here
https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/issues/1269 it has very low
latency.
Yes see entry at https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/issues/1269#issuecomment-326965404

The main problem I had with getting machinekit to build on a Pine64 was the lack of an io.h header.

Mine was not an elegant or definative solution, but it worked.
Don't doubt you could come up with a better solution, looking at removing the unsupported low level functions from
an aarch64 build would probably be a better tactic:-)

But, we do not officially support aarch64 yet. Nevertheless, I would
love to see it working.

'Ric W' via Machinekit writes:

Thanks for the info
At the moment I've got a Beagle Bone Green and a Rpi3 handy
so I'll probably try both out and use the BBG as the "Gold standard" to
check for differences in timing / jitter using a scope.
I'll also see if I can get machinekit working under a 64bit os just for fun
on the Pi3

I'm afraid the Pi3 still uses Ethernet via USB so that's not great.
For the hardware I've got a small ooznest Ox CNC, belt driven with a 1.5Kw
spindle / Nema23's
At the moment it's running a Arduino Due / RADDS board / TinyG (G2Core) /
REPS128 stepper drivers but with no end stops
I've also got access to a larger version of the ooznest Ox at the hackspace
in manchester, that one uses a GRBL board.

I'm thinking of writing my own front end using .Net Core (doesn't require
mono) and javascript. Although I'll need to dig into the API's to figure
that one out
You might also want to check out Machinetalk:
https://machinekoder.com/machinetalk-explained-part-1-introduction/

Many Thanks
Richard