The fact that cat /sys/kernel/debug/pinctrl/44e10800.pinmux/pingroups among
others shows

group: pinmux_replicape_spi1_pins
pin 100 (PIN100)
pin 101 (PIN101)
pin 102 (PIN102)
pin 89 (PIN89)

and
group: pinmux_pruicss_stepper_pins
pin 14 (PIN14)
pin 15 (PIN15)
pin 10 (PIN10)
pin 11 (PIN11)
pin 13 (PIN13)
pin 12 (PIN12)
pin 9 (PIN9)
pin 8 (PIN8)
pin 31 (PIN31)
pin 30 (PIN30)

makes me believe that the cape is actually loaded, but I might be wrong.
The full dmesg does not show anything like "REPLICAP" anywhere else but on
the lines that are contained in my uploaded file. Actually I haven't found
a hint anywhere where to look for an actual version of the loaded cape in
the "slotless" uboot-overlays. The original sam0737 code looks for that in
the slots file to decide between two different Replicape board versions. I
hardcoded the board version to 0B3A.

 I also could not find any hint for the overlay in the /proc/device-tree
although I have to admit that I wouldn't know for what to look exactly. Am
I mistaken to assume that the overlay file is loaded if all other functions
like temperature readings, endstops are working, spi init works, setting
motor current (needs spi) does not give error messages?

Commenting the uboot_overlay_pru line in uEnv.txt + reboot did not change
anything.
cat /sys/class/uio/uio0/name still shows pruss_evt0 as expected and the pru
works as before when I manually set the output pin. It seems that the uio
pruss is the default.
Setting uboot_overlay_addr0=/lib/firmware/BB-BONE-REPLICAP-0B3A.dtbo in
uEnv,txt also shows no difference (it does if you misspell the filename:
BBB does not complete the boot in that case).
Regards,
Karl