Not a subject I know much about, this seems to give the best overview of the kinematics.

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/ja/html/motion/5-axis-kinematics.html

I think the XYZAC example at the very end is nearest what you are proposing, with A and C rotating in relation to Z

The G codes remain the same, but the plane in which the axis operates may limit them.

Regards post processors, usually one for Mach is a good starting point, being generally compatible.

Quite a few CAM packages have linuxcnc posts, either in the package or as something available either from their forum or the linuxcnc forum. So check either before you choose a CAM or before you write your own.