On 2/24/2018 4:15 PM, John Morris wrote:
> I finally found the perfect application for my old Beaglebone White.
> However, I'm suspicious that it has fallen out of support.
>
> RCN's latest 2018-02 MK image had a few problems in my short tests,
> such as `sudo true` hangs the console; super long pauses during boot.
>
> RCN's old Xenomai-based 2017-02 MK image works a lot better, but
> `config-pin P9.20 hi` says "Pin is not modifyable [sic]: P9_20
> i2c2_sda"; this is correct for the BBB, but on the original White,
> P9.20 was GPIO0_14.
>
> I'll end up just rewiring to use pins common to both Black and White,
> but is there any official support status for the White, both from RCN
> and the MK project?

I haven't done anything to intentionally break support for the White,
but the cape-universal stuff was written well after the Black had come
out (at least a couple years, IIRC), so I didn't really worry about
supporting the White.  It wouldn't take much to craft a
cape-universal-white, and modify config-pin to be able to deal with
the difference, there are several other boards already supported, and
they seem to keep adding more (green, green wireless, pocket bone, etc).

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net