On Wednesday, 4 April 2018 16:41:46 UTC+1, Schooner wrote:

> It is a community project, but thus far everyone (with minimal
> exceptions) who has stood where you are and bemoaned the lack of
> detailed personalised instructions for their
> hardware combination of choice, has subsequently failed to contribute
> anything to make it easier for the next person to tread that path.
>
> If you were to break that trend, I would be delighted.

I am not sure if that is what was described by "tragedy of the commons" ?

I guess most open source projects get less than 1% of users actually
contributing something back to the project?

I wonder if some autodoc system could be made to force people to contribute
in order to get support from a real person? :lol

Unfortunately 99% of people are here to get free cnc software installed for
zero cost, they are not interested in playing with software development as
a hobby.

As a start does machinekit have a easy access wiki system?
(http://www.machinekit.io/community/contributing/)

Of course this forum may not be the best place to find linuxcnc help, as it
is actually  here for discussion of machinekit, so maybe the original
poster should start by updating the wiki
(http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BeagleBone) with all the
information they have used and the steps they took to install machinekit on
the beaglebone.  Then maybe some of the experts here could take time away
from their most important work to review and analyse the problem?