Someone has already done this, but it's kinda old and not the best way.
OpenPNP doesn't work by transferring files btw... it's a streams interface
similar to spoon feeding a dumb 3D printer...as the next command depends on
the output of previous ones.

Alexander and I have previously discussed a better integration strategy but
I have not gotten around to implementing any of it.
I had also planned to use Machinekit for this:
https://hackaday.io/project/45404-arcus-3d-p1-pnp-for-3d-printers
So you are a little early to the party, but it will get going soon.