Hello folks,

I have a machinekit config which works when I start my python script via
console. If I want to start the script at boot up with systemd, it will not
load machinekit.

The python script is:

#!/usr/bin/python

import sys
import os
import subprocess
import time
from machinekit import launcher
from machinekit import rtapi

os.chdir(os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__)))

launcher.set_debug_level(5)

try:
    launcher.check_installation()
    launcher.cleanup_session()
    launcher.register_exit_handler()  # needs to executed after HAL files

    launcher.ensure_mklauncher()

    launcher.start_process('configserver')
    launcher.start_process('machinekit mkwrapper.ini')

    while True:
        launcher.check_processes()
        time.sleep(1)

except subprocess.CalledProcessError:
    launcher.end_session()
    sys.exit(1)

sys.exit(0)

and the service file is:

[Unit]
Description=Starts my Uber-awesome Machinekit configuration
After=syslog.target network.target
[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/python /home/machinekit/mkwrapper-sim/run.py
User=machinekit
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Does anyone have an idea?