I think it's sorted now.

I did a dist-upgrade and I've got a comp command in the path now:
/usr/bin/comp, owned by the machinekit-xenomai package.  I'm not sure
what was wrong previously, but I think I got confused chasing the
red-herring of a missing machinekit-dev package which I didn't need,
when all I really needed was to update to the latest packages.

Thanks!

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net