Schooner,

I have used Emc2/Linuxcnc for years. I know what an .ini file is. Linuxcnc has
a method of separating stuff by what I think you are calling flavors (Jessie,
Stretch, etc???). If I want to build a system based on 2.7 I will definitely
find something to use as a starting point. Then I will have to choose between
Wheezy, Jessie, or Stretch. If I want to build a system based on 2.8 I will get
lots of help but maybe not a working config as a starting point. If I want to
build a system on Jessie, I can download stuff that at least uses Jessie as a
starting point. If I want to build a system on Stretch I can maybe find
something someone has done on Stretch.

So I am trying to build a Machinekit system on Stretch. But I sort of expected
that the configs that were released on the Stretch image would at least load —
not that they would do what I want to do. So far I haven’t found a single
config that uses .hal on Stretch that will even load. That is why I am looking
for help and that is why I am trying to post what I find. To help those who
follow.

If someone has a working config for Stretch that uses both .ini and .hal, I
would love to see it. I really thought that there would be a working config for
the CRAMPS board since Charles developed that but no luck there either.

Thanks,
Alan