Cern,

Thanks, I have only done install or upgrades on the beaglebone black via “sudo
apt-get install machinekit”.
So, I don’t even know how to get apt to install those particular versions.
I am more used to using synaptic on my linux pc.

I finally found them with my browser. I wasn’t looking for the second package.

I saw a notice about installing machinekit-hal and machinekit-cnc, I don’t know
whether that has complicated issues also.

I tried install machinekit and got an error message
machinekit@beaglebone:~$ sudo apt-get install machinekit
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 machinekit : Depends: machinekit-rt-threads
              Depends: python-gst0.10 but it is not installable

I tried install machinekit-rt-preempt and got an error message
machinekit@beaglebone:~$ sudo apt-get install machinekit-rt-preempt
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 machinekit-rt-preempt : Depends: machinekit (=
0.1.1551246384.gitdc0dd15-1~stretch) but 0.1.1551000781.git82d727d-1~stretch is
to be installed

So, then I tried install machinekit machinekit-rt-preempt
machinekit@beaglebone:~$ sudo apt-get install machinekit machinekit-rt-preempt
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 machinekit : Depends: python-gst0.10 but it is not installable
 machinekit-rt-preempt : Depends: machinekit (=
0.1.1551246384.gitdc0dd15-1~stretch) but 0.1.1551264903.git0634d7c-1~stretch is
to be installed

Do I need to purge and start over?
How do I get apt to show me the files that I need to use?
There used to be a way to download a particular .deb and install it. Is that
still possible?

Alan