Now having some experience with Vivado and the Ultra96 I'm thinking of
following up on this..
Xilinx has a Ultra96 Debian buster image online here as a starting point:
https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/ai-inference/ai-developer-hub.html#edge

Next to find out how to install (aarch64) ARM64 Machinekit.
Are there yet arm64 Machinekit packages online ?
Or
What are the commands for building mk-hal/cnc from source (been a while
since I last built debs...)

Best wishes
Michael Brown