Hello   I am a GSoC applicant for 2020.  I am working on a Bidirectional
Bus to extend the  available i/o . My target is to use the Enhanced  PRU
GPIO  and use a universal shift register with it . And use remoteproc for
the communication between the main processor and PRU.During the discussions
in the GSoC forum i came across machinekit.io and one of the member told me
that somebody in the machinekit.io community discussed that they wish there
could be more i/o . I want to know from the community if having more i/o
will  open new possibilities for the Machine.io community? I am also
planning  to build a cape based on this bidirectional bus design that would
allow easy access to the bus, possibly i would be designing a cape for
PocketBeagle . I think this could even bring the overall price down for a
CNC/ 3D printer based on Beaglebone platform.    So i seek the comments and
suggestions from the community about how you feel about this idea. My
complete proposal can be read in detail  here
<https://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/GSoC/Deepankar>
Thanks