On Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 9:55:51 AM UTC+2, Bas de Bruijn wrote:

> Forgot to mention what has cost me a lot of time in the past.
>
> IIRC then in python ‘import hal’ imports the ‘legacy’ LCNC python bindings.
>
> If you use ‘from machinekit import hal’ then you use the Machinekit cython
> generated bindings.
>
> If I’m not right about this I hope to get corrected.

Well this seems to be doable, I just don't know if its currently possible
to compile in the machinekit-cnc or lcnc part with the current
machinekit-hal status
(I'm running a cnc router with a machinekit-hal/-cnc combo from november or
so)

Perhaps I should rephrase my question:

What I would like to construct is something like this (where i can specify
the max spindle rpm [12000] in the ini file)
    hal.Param('hm2_5i25.0.pwmgen.00.scale').set(c.find('SPINDLE', 'MAXRPM'))
or
    hal.Pin('hm2_5i25.0.pwmgen.00.scale').set(c.find('SPINDLE', 'MAXRPM'))

What I have is this:
    os.system('halcmd setp hm2_5i25.0.pwmgen.00.scale 12000')

where I would like to replace the hard coded 12000 with a c.find('SPINDLE',
'MAXRPM') construction, that probes it from the .ini file
I just can't figure out how ?