I've just moved to Mac OS X, and I had to reinstall last night - I reinstalled,
installed Developer tools and the 10.0.4 update and now IE (build 5502, 5.1b1) won't
remember Proxy preferences. I enter the http proxy and port, hit okay and then in the
preferences window I see my choice, and because 'web proxy for all' is checked I see
the same proxy URL in the other proxy entries, but dimmed. So far so good... I then
hit Okay, reopen the dialog and in the proxies panel the web proxy is now unchecked
and emtpy but all the others are now checked and have the URL I'd entered in web proxy
in their entry... If I open the settings for web proxy I see that my user name and
password is still there...

I'm confused, and unable to access the web... Irritatingly, yesterday (pre reinstall)
it worked. The proxies panel couldn't remember sites you wanted to connect to
directly, but it could remember the proxy.

I went to com.apple.internetconfig.plist and deleted all the prefs there, which did
reset the browser colour, so I presume that all the prefs were reset. It still didn't
work after this...

Any thoughts?

Matt

--