On 23/7/01 at 11:00 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jimmy Grewal) wrote:

> You need to set your proxy setting in your Mac OS X System Preferences,
> in the Networking preference panel.  We know that the current user
> experience of setting up proxies under Mac OS X is far from ideal, but
> Apple has improved the UI in Mac OS X 10.1.
>
> -Jimmy

Thanks. I'd just assumed that the proxy settings in the Internet panel were separate
from the ones in IE, but it's actually very good to know they aren't. Maybe we'll see
Apple implement authenticated proxy support in the internet panel and then all my
hassles with the university firewall I have to deal with will go away... (hello,
software update...)

Cheers

Matt

--