On Saturday, July 21, 2001, at 09:46 AM, Harry Zink wrote:

> That's even better - so IE 5.1 is done and finished then? Can we get
> the 9.x
> version now, please :-)

This is so short that I'll just post the whole thing. They seemed to
have spelled Jimmy's name wrong, though. Maybe it's just the way it's
phrased, but I don't quite understand what is meant by the skins
comment. Is the browser itself skinnable now?

    - Scott

---------
http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0107/20.ie51.shtml

MWNY: Internet Explorer 5.1 to come with Mac OS X 10.1
Dennis Sellers, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
July 20, 2001, 12:15 pm ET

The final version of Internet Explorer 5.1 will come with Mac OS X 10.1
when it ships this fall, said Kevin Browne, general manager of
Microsoft's Macintosh Business Unit in a special Macworld New York
presentation. He said it will be a fully native Mac OS X application.
Meanwhile, a version for Mac OS 8/9 is due this fall.

Jimmy Grewall, Microsoft product manager, said that IE 5.1 for Mac OS X
would take advantage of the operating system's power to add several new
features. Users will be able to preview "skins" (appearance altering
interface themes) on the browser using Web standards. There'll be live
window resizing.

"Internet Explorer 5.1 reflows the content of the page and reformats it
multiple times per second," Grewall said. "It combines the power of Mac
OS X and power of the browser."

He also promised that the next incarnation of IE would make it possible
to view the "richest Java content out there." It will also come with
fully Carbonized plug-ins for QuickTime and Flash built-in.

Internet Explorer 5.1 for Mac OS X is now available in a preview release
edition.

--
Scott Stevenson
http://wildtofu.com/