In certain rare situations, what you describe does happen.  It's a known
bug.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Frakes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2001 2:48 PM
To: Mac Internet Explorer Talk
Subject: Phantom links

I have noticed this behavior since IE 4.5. Often if I click in "blank"
space
in a window for whatever reason (to activate the page body, etc.), IE
thinks
that I have clicked on a link somewhere on the page. This isn't because
of
some badly-coded image map -- it even happens on simple text-only web
pages.
For example, it just happened to me on a page with just text and some
links;
I clicked at least three inches from the nearest link. I've also heard
about
this behavior from several other people. Is this a known bug?

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>