>on 8/29/01 12:37 PM, Scott Stevenson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>   > Well, it wasn't just QuickTime that broke, it was all Netscape plug-ins.
>   > If anything, that's a slug at Netscape, not Apple.
>
>The irony is that Netscape went ahead and started it by orphaning their
>legacy plu-in architecture first...

    How do you figure?  There's been no dropping of support for the
NP_API architecture on the Netscape side, and so far as I can tell
there are no plans to drop it.  Netscape has dropped support for
LiveConnect in the 6.x series, but that's not the same as dropping
NP_API, despite what some marketing departments would have you
believe.

--
Eric A. Meyer ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/
Editor, Style Sheets Ref. Guide    http://style.webreview.com/