Upgraded to 10.1 this week and am hitting some old projects of mine with IE
5.1.2 (as mentioned in my earlier email re: png support). Here's one that
seems a bit more pressing. On the following page there are 8 navigations
elements which  begin off the page with the following css declaration:

.widget { position:absolute; left:556px; top:-25px; z-index:6; }

With javascript I then slide the elements into their proper position on the
screen. However, when returning via the BACK button (CMD+left arrow), or
FORWARD, the position of the elements are *not* returned to their top of
-25px before the function called onload begins to move them. The effect is
that the items i am moving have moved through their path twice, in this case
flying off the screen.

To reproduce:

[1] go to http://mouse2.planetmouse.com/

[2] when the navigation elements are visible click on the first one to view
the intro page for 'Placenamehere vs. Mouse2' @
http://mouse2.planetmouse.com/pnh_vs_mouse2/

[3] press your back button to return to the first page

The elements start at the positions they were when you left the page and
then grow beyond that.

Is anyone else seeing similar quirks with 5.1.2?

--
name://chris  aka://10sball http://placenamehere.com