On 10/2/01 8:28 PM, "Eric Hildum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have found two problems, or perhaps one problem and one issue/question:
>
> 1. IE does not always display a page after it is received and rendered. This
> occurs in both the beta and the release versions. The symptom is that a page
> is downloaded, but some or all of the page does not display. Moving the
> cursor over the window usually causes most of the page to display, but
> sometimes it is necessary to actually click on an area to cause the text or
> image to be visible. The problem appears to be in the window drawing actions
> - IE thinks it has drawn the region and it is visible, but in fact it is
> blank. Sometimes I can see the text or image being rendered as the page
> downloads, but then at the last minute it disappears.

We fixed a lot of cases of this, but didn't seem to get them all.  Resizing
the window also forces a refresh.

> 2. The font used for the toolbar favorites (and organize favorates window)
> is a bit funny looking and does not match the quality or appearance of the
> other fonts used for the menus, etc. This may be a configuration issue - my
> browser is normally set for Japanese autodetect as I work in a bilingual
> environment. How is the font for this tool bar selected?

In the General System Preferences, set the anti-aliased text size to 8.

> There is a third issue, but this may be left over from the beta. I have
> noticed that the file helpers table gets corrupted with bad information for
> file helpers. I have cleaned it a couple of times, but forgot to do it
> before the upgrade, so I cannot be sure if it is continuing in the release
> product.

Not sure about this one.

Dan

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>