Hi,

I recently started a new job as a technology coordinator at a middle school in Dallas,
TX. The school has a new principle who is enthusiastic about technology. He asked me
to do research for him on laptop carts. This school is all PCs. Of course, I am trying
to convince him to buy a cart of iBooks. He was impressed when I told him about OS X's
security features. Some of the questions he asked me showed me that clearly he had not
used a Mac in at least 5 or 6 years. He was interested in what I had to say, and again
very pleased to hear about security, but he still  had that reservation so common in
PC users who don't know anything about Macs: "...but will it work with all the other
computers?"

I would like to put together some statistics for him showing, for example, the total
cost of ownership for Macs vs. PCs, comparing their lifespan, maintenance cost, as
well as things such as speed and reliability. I have found some web sites here and
there that allude to these things. But does anyone know of a source that has some hard
numbers on this that I can quote?

Thanks,

Amber L. Rhea
Katapultz Technology Coordinator