On Nov 13, 2010, at 10:18 AM, Kevin Callahan wrote:

> Interesting ... I just installed the latest version of Chrome for Mac and it
> was slower than Safari for every page I went to (cursory test).
> I do have ClickToFlash installed for Safari, maybe that's why?
> Not a scientific test, mmv

Hmm, that shouldn't be... google for "safari firefox chrome speed test" and
you'll see that Chrome comes out on top in most (not all) performance tests.

As for extensions, my main ones are 1Password and Delicious. The latest
iteration of 1Password for Chrome is *fantastic* . I still like Delicious for
Firefox the best, but the Chrome implementation is quite good, and stays out of
the way.

I used to rely heavily on Firebug for Firefox, but the Inspector in webkit
(identical in Chrome and Safari) has gotten so good that I no longer need to
launch FF even for thorny web dev problems.

./s

--
Birdhouse web and mail hosting
http://hosting.birdhouse.org