On 26/03/2011, at 1:21 AM, Nathan Sims wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2011, at 12:17 AM, Ashley Aitken wrote:
>
>> I'm not one for "visual programming" (laying out code pieces) though,
>
> I would welcome this as an adjunct, to be able to pull up a .m class file and
> have it represented graphically -- each method displayed as a block that can
> be moved about within the file by touch, with arrows connecting what gets
> invoked where and by whom. Great for understanding your code flow, and would
> beat copying / dragging / pasting text.

Yes, I think you've suggested one area where multi-touch could be useful.

I've always like different levels of abstraction, so perhaps we can represent
an app like that as well, and use multi-touch to delve deeper into particular
areas of an app.

I was specifically referring to those systems where you graphically drag a
"for-loop" and similar to construct low-level algorithms - ok for teaching,
inefficient for real developers.

> But I agree, you'll have to take my keyboard from my cold dead hands...

Sounds like a good slogan for the NKS (National Keyboard Association) ;-)

Cheers,
Ashley.