On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:32, objectwerks inc <c...@objectwerks.com> wrote:

> I stand by my statement that it would have been nice to offer a variant of
> the mini with an optical disc device this time around.  Introduce the mini
> without but have a variant with for the "luddites" who still use optical
> (which I bet is still a rather large majority of people).

Apple does offer an external Optical drive. And as has been mentioned,
the price of the Mini with the external drive is cheaper than the
price was with the internal.

> I do agree that the change will happen, but it has not happened yet I wager

Yeah, I never intended to state that the change had already happened,
just that we're further along in the transition than things were when
Apple started dropping the floppy.

--
arno  s  hautala    /-|   a...@alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448