On 16 Jan 2012, at 13:56 , Daniel Israel wrote:

> We have. for the most part, figured out how to automate executing the program
> and saving the data with a few small quirks.  One of them is how to get a
> file name from the source folder.  Is there a way to do this?  If need be, we
> can right a program that does some of the heavy lifting, but I figured
> there's probably some sort of way to do this with automator or some similar
> tool.

I suspect you will need an actual applescript to manage all of it. Are you able
to use automator to actually run this program and do all the steps needed
except for the name, or are you using something else to interact with the
program?

there are a couple of AppleScript mailing lists,or you might start here:

<http://www.google.com/search?q=applescript+gui+scripting>

--
"But you read a lot of books, I'm thinking. Hard to have faith, ain't
it, when you've read too many books?"