Right now, the working "plan" (I say this loosely because things change
quickly...) is to have a script (shell or apple script) that manages moving
files and so forth, calling an Automator script/flow that opens the program and
does the analysis (we have this part working in some form).  Sounds like you're
saying that's probably the way to go?

On Jan 17, 2012, at 4:27 AM, LuKreme wrote:

> On 16 Jan 2012, at 13:56 , Daniel Israel wrote:
>
>> We have. for the most part, figured out how to automate executing the
>> program and saving the data with a few small quirks.  One of them is how to
>> get a file name from the source folder.  Is there a way to do this?  If need
>> be, we can right a program that does some of the heavy lifting, but I
>> figured there's probably some sort of way to do this with automator or some
>> similar tool.
>
> I suspect you will need an actual applescript to manage all of it. Are you
> able to use automator to actually run this program and do all the steps
> needed except for the name, or are you using something else to interact with
> the program?
>
> there are a couple of AppleScript mailing lists,or you might start here:
>
> <http://www.google.com/search?q=applescript+gui+scripting>
>
> --
> "But you read a lot of books, I'm thinking. Hard to have faith, ain't
> it, when you've read too many books?"

-D. Israel
d...@ebji.org
http://www.customcodebydan.com
AIM: JudoDanIzz

Would you like to make a tax-deductible donation to help our top-ranked
athletes chase their dream of competing in the 2012 Olympics?  Ask me how!