I've decided to upgrade to a 10.6 Mac Book Pro. I don't want to run
10.7, both because of the battery issue, and the whole "vista" like
issues with 10.7.

>From what I understand, the new 10.7 machines have i5 and i7
processors, while the older ones have Core 2 Duo's.

But I just found out that only some types of Core 2 duo's have virtual
processor instructions (the vt-x stuff).

http://ark.intel.com/VTList.aspx

So, my questions are:
1. Which Mac Book Pro models suppoort Vt-X?
2. What other features are found on some intel chips and not on other
intel chips?
3. Which (if any) of the Mac Book Pros come with a real graphics card
instead of just integrated chipset graphics?

--
Political and economic blog of a strict constitutionalist
http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.com

This message may have been spell checked by a laptop kitten.