Andrew Brown opined on Sunday 30-Dec-2013@11:28:31
> I have iTunes accounts for the UK and French stores, and have just bought, on
> the UK store, the only iTunes versions that I could find of "Il Gattopardo".
> It's pretty third-rate, dubbed in English, and with an image much inferior to
> the DVD I have.

I ordered a DVD of this for my mother several years ago from somewhere in
Europe because the dubbed DVD was such poor quality.

> Are there any digital alternatives to iTunes? or any discussion groups
> centred on digital films, particularly European? I'm not much interested in
> anything after 1980, with the occasional exception.

I can’t help you on that, but there is a BluRay of Il Gattopardo. I don’t know
if this is the restored version or not:

<http://www.amazon.com/The-Leopard-Criterion-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B003D3Y660/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1357179339&sr=8-6&keywords=Il+Gattopardo>

--
Help me, Obi-wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.