You can purchase software that will rip the DVD and de-CSS it.   (disclaimer:
Check the legality in your area)

They output VIDEO_TX folders that are the DVD (including menus etc) but are not
longer encumbered with the CSS stuff and region coding.

Mac The Ripper is one such piece of software.   There are others.