On Mar 19, 2013, at 2:10 AM, steve harley <st...@paper-ape.com> wrote:

> on 2013-03-16 11:14 Dinse, Gregg (NIH/NIEHS) [V] wrote
>> It seems that iTunes keeps changing how it handles output control.  At one
>> point, there was an icon in iTunes that I could click on to easily choose
>> any one of these outputs, or even multiple outputs.
>>
>> Then a newer version of iTunes got rid of that feature,
>
> it's just been moved; in 11.0.2 the speaker selection is in the top left,
> just right of the volume slider; i use it frequently and particularly use it
> for multiple outputs (usually Apple TV and local USB out)

Hi Steve,

I am running 11.0.2 and there is no speaker selection icon to the right of the
volume slider.  A friend of mine sent me a screen shot of his iTunes window,
showing this icon, but it's not there for me.  After seeing it in the screen
shot, I remember it being there at one time, but it's not there now.

Does this icon only show up if there are multiple outputs?  In my case, I
thought I had 3: analog, digital, and Airport Express.  But my Airport Express
is not working at the moment, so I'm down to 2.  Does it not distinguish
between analog and digital?  If you have both connected, or even if you don't,
do you see choices for both analog and digital out?

Thanks,

Gregg