Has anyone added 2-factor authentication to their Apple ID for use with iTunes
purchasing (and presumably other Apple ID uses)? I tried it and can't get it to
work as expected, at least.

Here's what I expected to happen:

- I enable 2-factor authentication, and verify my iPhone as a trusted device
- I try to make an iTunes purchase on another device (iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc.)
- It asks me for my password
- It then asks me for a verification code, which gets sent to my iPhone
- I enter that code and the device on which I just made the purchase is now
trusted for future purchases

The same flow before 2-factor authentication was:

- I try to make an iTunes purchase on any device (iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc.)
- It asks me for my password
- The purchase completes

Here's what actually happened:

- I enabled 2-factor authentication and added my iPhone as a trusted device
- I tried to make an iTunes purchase on another device (I tried this with 5
different devices, Macs, iPhones, iPads - all with the same result)
- It asked for my password
- the purchase completed

It never asked for any kind of second factor for authentication as I expected.

I asked Apple, and they can't seem to figure it out (they read me their
documentation - which I had read and led me to believe my first scenario, then
they stopped responding)

Has anyone tried this? Do you get the same results? Or am I expecting the wrong
thing?

Any advice or direction is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeff