On 02 Jun 2013, at 11:22 , H J <heywoodj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My question is, does anyone here have experience with older iMac hardware?
> And if so, do you know if the slight undervoltage on the 12V line indicates a
> bad supply? I can find replacements on eBay, but I don't want to spend money
> on that until I'm reasonably sure that the PSU is the actual problem.

I wouldn't think that 0.2V out of 12V would be a problem at all, especially
since the 12V lines have nothing to do with powering the motherboard (the
motherboard and other circuit boards get the 5V or 3.3V). I suspect it is not
the PSU.

The capacitors on the motherboard do not usually 'look' bad when they go bad.
They might blow, they might bulge, or they might just die and look perfectly
fine.

--
I'm on the path, he thought. I don't have to know where it leads. I just
have to follow.