On Jun 2, 2013, at 3:26 PM, LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:

> On 31 May 2013, at 21:08 , objectwerks inc <c...@objectwerks.com> wrote:
>

>> On May 31, 2013, at 4:29 PM, LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The F4 key on the Apple Aluminum keyboard used to show dashboard in 10.7
>>> and I thought it used to show launchpad in 10.8, but on my iMac it is not
>>> doing anything at all.
>>

>> On my 10.8.2 system, a Mac Pro, the Apple Aluminum Keyboard F4  (just the F4
>> key, no fn key held with it) shows the widgets.  Which I guess is the
>> Dashboard.   Under Settings, it shows F12 for Dashboard, and indeed, if I
>> hit fn-F12 I get the widgets again.   F12 by itself (no fn- key held with
>> it) is an increase volume key.
>
> What are your settings in Keyboard=>Keyboard Shortcuts=>Launchpad & Dock
>
> ?

In that exact place ("Launchpad & Dock")

Turn Dock Hiding On/Off       cmd-opt-D    checked on
Show Launchpad                                          off

However, under

"Mission Control"

Show Dashboard                  F12   (which really means fn-F12)

There is nothing for F4 or fn-F4 listed at all in any keyboard shortcut
category.

F4 seems to be "hardwired" to that functionality (which is what the icon on it
suggests)