Hi,

I recently bought a pair of internal 4-TB hard drives from an online vendor.
It looks like they probably bounced around a lot during shipping.  Should I
expect problems?

That is, if they don't work right from the start, then obviously I should get
them replaced.  But what if they seem to work at first?  My guess is that it's
not a perfect binary situation, where they either are obviously bad or
obviously fine.  Can they be damaged and have the effects of that damage show
up slowly over time?  Is there any simple test (or set of tests) that I can do
right at the beginning, before I deploy them?

Thanks,

Gregg