I'm sure I am worrying needlessly, but I just thought I'd ask.

The drives are encased in plastic, but the plastic containers were then placed
in over-sized boxes with only a few of those inflatable balloons around it.
The drives looks well protected, but the plastic containers looked like they
could bounce around a lot in the larger boxes.

One box was crumpled on a corner, but there is no visible damage to the drive
or its plastic container.  I just wondered about having the drives bounce
around.  I spoke to a friend, though, and he said that as long as the drives
are powered off, the heads are parked in a very secure manner, so they should
not get damaged.  That made me feel much better.

I have not even unwrapped the drives yet.  I will do that soon and try them
out.  It sounds like all should be OK, as long as the drives spin up fine
initially.

The drives were from Tiger Direct.

Thanks,

Gregg