Hi Neil,

Thanks for responding and thanks for confirming that the 32K block size should
be fine.  I think I'll stick with that.

As for my RAID partitioning question, I have a feeling that MacOS does it the
opposite of how you say Windows does it.  When I have a non-RAIDed single disk,
there is a tab for partitioning it.  When I was creating the RAID set, I
believe that the instructions said I could drag either the entire disk/volume
to the RAID set or just a partition.  But once the RAID set was finalized,
there was no longer a partition tab, either when selecting the entire RAID set
or the individual components, so it did not appear that the RAID set could be
partitioned.

Thus, if I am remembering correctly, it sounds like partitions can be RAIDed,
but that RAIDs can not be partitioned, at least via Disk Utility in Mavericks.
Of course, I'm hoping to be wrong about the latter, so perhaps someone else
will chime in.

Thanks,

Gregg