Do you actually want to COPY the ENTIRE contents of one machine to the other?
Or do you just want to use the working one to install a virgin copy of 10.0 on
the empty one?

If the former, I would start the empty one in TDM, (ideally) boot the working
one from a separate drive or DVD of any version of Mac OS if possible, then use
Disk Utility to “restore” the working one’s drive onto the empty one.  (It’s
best not to be booted from the working drive at this point, because then the
drive is being constantly changed.  It will usually work, but it’s cleanest to
avoid that.)

If the latter, I would start the empty one in TDM, boot the working one
normally, and run the Yosemite installer with the empty one as the target drive.

The clearest way to think about TDM is that it turns an expensive Mac into a
dumb external drive (or drives).  There’s nothing any more complicated or
special about it.