So I have an issue. I have a time machine backup drive. I did a verify disk on
it, and got a clean bill of health.

But if I try to enter time machine, finder just spins its colored disk, and
activity monitor lists it as non-responsive.

I cannot do anything with time machine. And just two days ago, I was able to,
no problem. I was looking over my backups with Grand Perspective, and deleted
all backups of some files that were constant changes with no backup value (to
clarify: The most recent backup of these files has value, and if I had to
restore my drive, I need them. But a one-day-old version of the file is
worthless -- only the most recent copy has any value.)

I cannot figure out what has happened in two days to make it stop functioning.
New backups are completing with no problem at all.

---
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce